Color Splash is a power tool to emphasise foreground and back ground objects in an image by modifying foreground and background object in image. Color splash helps in differential modification of foreground and background rather than applying a global adjustment to overall image. Color splash can be creatively used to change perception of an image.
LightX provides following types of adjustment in an image:
- Light – Change exposure, contrast and brightness),
- Tone – Change intensity in shadows, mid tone and highlights)
- Warmth – Change temperature and tint in an image)
- Color – Change Hue, Saturation and Intensity of an image
- RGB – Change pixel value of an image in red, green and blue color channel
- Shades – Change gray, B & W and Color shade of an image
- Paint – This adjustment allows for paint adjustments like slate, poster, water, oil and toon
- Effect – This allows for application of drama effect, blur effect, motion effect, sketch effect and emboss effect in the selected object.
In this tutorial, we will learn how to use Color Splash to emphasise foreground and background objects in an image and provide creative adjustment to your image.
Step 1: Open your photograph from Album and navigate to Splash: Open Image -> Selective -> Splash. After navigating to splash, you need to select the region where you want to apply pop effect by moving finger inside the region. The region can be adjusted using powerful tools like smart brush, smart erase, brush and erase tools. You can selectively edit your image to give different effects to different regions in your image. These tools are situated in right side of the screen.
Step 2: After selecting region in step 1, you can improve upon your selected region by applying various adjustments as mentioned below:
- Adjustment – Adjust Light (Brightness, Contrast, Exposure), Tone (Shadows, Midtones, Highlights), Warmth (Temperature, Tint), Color (Hue, Saturation, Intensity) and RGB (Red, Green, Blue) of the image
- Shades – Apply Gray, Black & White and Color shades in the image
- Paint – Apply paint effects like Slate, Poster, Water, Oil and Toon effect
- Effect – Apply effects like Drama, Blur effect, Motion effect, Sketch effect and Emboss effect
Step 3: Similarly, user can select any background region using your fingers following steps as mentioned in Step 1.
Step 4: After selecting any background region, user can apply different effects as mentioned in Step 2. For example, in this step we have applied blur effect on the background and color effect on the foreground.
Step 5: You can create different reality every time. In this step, we have applied different effect on background region.